SpeedQueen washing machines are among the most durable on the market. They are made from commercially available materials and are designed to last up to 25 years. But that doesn't mean they're always flawless.
If your Speed Queen washing machine is displaying an error code, it can be confusing. They usually appear as a combination of letters or flashing lights.
We will walk you through the meaning of the Speed Queen washing machine error codes and how to fix the problem at hand.
- How to read Speed Queen error codes
- Speed Queen Front Load-Fehlercodes
- Speed Queen-Top-Loading-Fehlercodes
- How to reset a Speed Queen washing machine
- frequently asked questions
- Fixed Speed Queen issues
How to read Speed Queen error codes
A combination of letters lights up on the control panel. For example, you might see "Er, do it" or "PR". Each code means something different.
However, on some models you will see flashing lights. For example, the power indicator might blink three times. Watch the flashing lights and refer to our guide or user guide.
Speed Queen Front Load-Fehlercodes
We'll walk you through some common codes, explain the problem, and how you can try to fix it yourself.
Is Code, tun
- What it means:The door is opened during the cycle.
- How to fix it:Close the door and make sure it is locked. If it doesn't crash, check for errors. After cleaning, turn off the machine and restart the cycle.
- What it means:The door will unlock during the cycle.
- How to fix it:Open and close the door. Check if it crashes. Turn off the machine, turn it back on and start the cycle again.
Code Er, Dr.
- What it means:There is a drain error - thethe water takes too long to drain, or there is still water in the machine after spinning.
- How to fix it:Make sure the drain hose and container are not clogged. Make sure both are installed correctly. If there is a clog, unclog it and clean the trap. Then disconnect the machine from the power supply for 15 seconds.
Code Er, FL
- What it means:Machine has not reached fill level after 30 minute cycle.
- How to fix it:Make sure the water valves are open and the hoses are not twisted or kinked. Clean the water mixing valve screens and the faucet end of the supply hoses. Then turn off the machine for 15 seconds.
Code Er, nF
- What it means:The machine has not been filled to the correct water level or the water level does not change within five minutes of the current fill.
- How to fix it:Make sure the hot and cold water faucets are on and the hoses are not kinked. Clean the screens on the water mixing valve and on the faucet end of the supply hoses. Then turn off the machine for 15 seconds.
Code Er, OF
- What it means:The water is at the overflow level and the machine starts pumping water.
- How to fix it:Look for obstacles and eliminate them. remove the traps If that doesn't work, unplug the machine and call the Speed Queen for a service consultation.
code is, PS
- What it means:There is a fault in the pressure sensor: the machine has difficulty detecting the water level.
- How to fix it:Check the wiring harness that runs from the user control to the pressure sensor. Replace if damaged. It may be necessary to replace the pressure sensor or user control. Let the water run for 30 seconds and then unlock the door. Switch off the machine and call customer service if necessary.
Code Er, dU
- What it means:The door will not unlock.
- How to fix it:Turn off the machine and wait three minutes. Turn the machine back on and open the door.
Code Is, dl
- What it means:The door is not locked.
- How to fix it:Open and close the door again and make sure it is fully closed.
Code Er, ub
- What it means:The washing load is uneven and the spin speed is limited.
- How to fix it:Manually rebalance the load and ensure the drum is not overfilled. Open the door and turn off the machine to clear the code. Restart the cycle.
- What it means:There is a problem with the pressure switch sequence. The pressure switch is in the wrong position.
- How to fix it:Turn off the device, disconnect it and try again. If that doesn't work, you may need to replace the pressure switch. Please contact Speed Queen for assistance.
Code Er, SL
- What it means:The machine produces too much foam.
- How to fix it:Speed Queen washing machine error code is displayed for a minute. Let the cycle end. In the future, be sure to use a low-sudsing detergent that is compatible with a high-efficiency machine if you have one. If you continue, use half the recommended amount of detergent. Make sure you don't overload the machine.
- What it means:The machine produces too much foam.
- How to fix it:Do nothing - the machine will run a special routine to remove excess foam.
If you have a top loading machine, you need to familiarize yourself with Speed Queen washing machine error codes. These are flashing lights instead of letter codes. We share common codes and how to fix the issue, but check your user guide if your model is different.
Some flashing status lights
- What it means:The machine is about to display the error.
- How to fix it:Decipher the number of flashes. This is repeated with a pause between them and then the sequence is played again. Check out our list for advice on what each code means.
All status lights flash
- What it means:The cause is not clear.
- How to fix it:Unplug the device for 15 seconds and plug it back in. If the lights keep flashing, call customer service.
State of washing, spinning
If the wash and spin lights blink twice, the problem is as below.
- What it means:The maximum speed cannot be reached during the final spin. This is caused by uneven loading, too much foam, or slow draining.
- How to fix it:Be careful not to overfill the machine and distribute the laundry evenly in the drum. Use the right washing powder. Check the drain system for clogs.
Wash and rinse status lights
The wash and rinse status lights are flashing. Depending on how often this happens, it means a specific problem.
- What it means:There is a fault in the pressure sensor.
- How to fix it:Disconnect the device from the power supply and request customer service assistance.
He blinks twice
- What it means:Water does not reach level after 30 minutes of a cycle. Or no water flows.
- How to fix it:Make sure the hot and cold water faucets are on and not kinked. Clean water mixing valve and filter screens. Unplug the machine for 15 seconds and restart the cycle.
blink three times
- What it means:The machine produces too much foam.
- How to fix it:Open the lid to clear the code. The next time you do a load of laundry, be sure to use a high-efficiency detergent. Do not overfill keg.
It's on all the time
- What it means:At the end of the program there is still water in the machine or it overflows.
- How to fix it:Check that the drain hose and container are properly installed and free of obstructions. If there is a blockage, remove it. Unplug the machine for 15 seconds and restart the cycle. In the event of an overflow, the machine tries to pump out excess water. Let it do its thing, but if the code doesn't go away, unplug the device and call customer service.
Lid lock and purge status lights
These error codes are illuminated by the flush and lid lock buttons. Depending on the number of blinks, this indicates a specific problem.
He blinks twice
- What it means:There is a lid locking error; Lid was unlocked during cycle or not properly latched.
- How to fix it:Unplug the machine and restart the cycle. Make sure that the lid is closed and locked.
blink three times
- What it means:Lid is open or not latched during cycle.
- How to fix it:Disconnect the device from the mains to delete the code. Restart the cycle and do not open the door during the cycle. When closed, make sure it is securely latched.
How to reset a Speed Queen washing machine
If you have fixed the Speed Queen washing machine error code but the display light does not go out, you may need to reset the unit. Maybe the machine beeps randomly or just won't start.
Some Speed Queen machines have a reset button on the display panel. But if this is not the case for you, you must follow these instructions:
- Turn this off:Turn off the washing machine and unplug the power cord.
- Expect:Wait five minutes before reconnecting the device.
- Press:Power on the machine and it should reset. Use it as usual.
We do not recommend this to replace error codes. The code is returned because the problem has not been resolved.
frequently asked questions
What Does He Mean in a Speed Queen Washing Machine?
It means mistake. "er" is displayed alongside other code to indicate the specific problem.
How do you force a Speed Queen washing machine to drain?
If your machine doesn't drain, you'll have to do it manually. Check your user manual for specific instructions, but in general this method should work:
- Switch off:Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord.
- Detach:Remove the rear panel of the machine.
- Configure bucket:The drain hose is located at the bottom of the machine. Prepare a bucket to catch the water.
- Fallen:Unclip the clips that hold the drain hose in place.
- File:Remove the drain hose from the dashboard and empty it into the bucket.
- Sauber:If you notice obstacles or blockages, remove them. Pour clean hot water into the drum to remove any remaining mud and dirt.
- Plumbing Snake:You can use a plumber's snake to remove blockages.
- Assembly:Reassemble the machine and run a test cycle.
Does my Speed Queen washing machine have a filter?
Yes - and every six months you should check that your filter screens are clean and undamaged.
How Long Do Speed Queen Washing Machines Last?
They are designed to last up to 10,400 charges, which is approximately 25 years. They achieve this through ergonomic motors, a suspension system and durable materials. These industrial and commercial washing machines must be robust.
Does Speed Queen have a 10 year guarantee?
No - they occasionally offer a 10-year warranty. But generally, they offer a three-year parts and labor warranty. They offer a five-year warranty on the chassis and engine.
They offer a lifetime guarantee on the stainless steel bathtub. They offer a 15 year warranty on the gearbox assembly on certain models.
Fixed Speed Queen issues
Speed Queen machines are robust and very durable. While we are very impressed with the brand, it is important to know the various Speed Queen washing machine diagnostic codes. If one appears, don't panic.
Just check out this list to find out what's wrong with your device and how to fix it. If you can't fix it at home, we hope your device is still under warranty so you can access free repairs.
Feedback: Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you for your feedback!
What did you like?
What went wrong?
The L1 error code on a Speed Queen washer means that the machine has failed to lock its lid. As a result, the machine cannot begin its wash cycle even though the drum may already be filled with water.How do you force a washing machine to reset? ›
If you see no change, you can try a Master Reset. This will reset all of the onboard componentry and is often successfully used by appliance technicians. Open and close the door of the washing machine 6 times within 12 seconds. Then, run the rinse/spin cycle without clothing to see if your problems are resolved.How do you fix a washer error? ›
- Check door is closed correctly and latched.
- Check door handle for damage or wear.
- Check child safety if this feature is on the machine.
- Check door lock if inoperative replace door lock.
- Check door lock wiring for burnt connections.
- Check that the water faucets are not closed.
- Check that the water pressure in the house is over 20 kPa.
- Clean the inlet hose filter screens. Be careful not to remove or disturb the screen placement.
- Check that the drain hose is not below 27½" (700 mm) from the floor.
Programmable Washing Machine
In certain models, turn the knob to reset with the power button "Off." Select the desired program. Press the power button to restart the washer. In other cases, if the machine has a "Cancel" button, push it to clear the error and then push the "Pause" or "Stop" button to reset it.
Often a clogged drain hose will prevent your washer from draining properly. Remove it and check for foreign objects, clogs and kinks. You should also check any lint filters that might be in or on the drain hose.What causes a washer to not fully drain? ›
A washing machine not draining can have multiple causes, including a clogged or jammed drain hose or a broken pump, lid switch, or belt. No matter the culprit, you need to drain the water from the washing machine before diagnosing the issue or doing any work to remedy the situation.What does E01 and F09 mean on a washing machine? ›
Accepted Answer. Whirlpool Duet Washer Error Code E01 F09 means LONG DRAIN TIME. When your Whirlpool washer goes into drain mode and the drain time is past 8 minutes and not reaching the reset level in the pressure sensor then the valves in the drain are turned off and the drain pump will cease to pump out the water.What does code error 1 mean? ›
(Code 1)" Cause. The device has no drivers installed on your computer, or the drivers are configured incorrectly. Recommended Resolution. Update the Driver.How do I reset my washing machine motherboard? ›
To reset the electronic controls on your washer, shut off the circuit breaker or fuse to the washer or unplug the washer for 2 minutes. For models that have a timer control knob, turn the knob around and back to any position other than final spin for the interrupted cycle. Then, restore power.
A first step when troubleshooting any appliance is to confirm that it's drawing power. If your washing machine isn't showing any signs of life, check that the machine is plugged in. You can also test the outlet with another appliance, such as a phone charger.Why won't my washing machine finish its cycle? ›
Some of the most common faults that will make your washer stop mid cycle include thermostat failure, problems filling up with water for the rinse cycle, or even pump problems that prevent your washer from draining. One thing that you can check yourself is the lid switch.How do I reset my sensors? ›
To reset a sensor, turn the device over and look for the circle on the back labeled "RESET" (See photo below). Insert a paperclip or other thin wire through the label to make a hole, and depress the reset button. You'll feel it 'click' when it is depressed. The sensor will reset and rejoin the network.How do I reset E1 error? ›
If the E1 error is still displaying, then you will need to disconnect power. Hold down the mode button and plug the air conditioner back in. When you hear a beep, release the button and the air conditioner will begin to operate.How do I fix E01 error? ›
Switch off and unplug your machine.
- Switch off and unplug your machine.
- Check the door lock itself. ...
- Check the wiring to the door lock.
- Do a hard power reset. You need to unplug your Samsung washing machine for about 5 minutes as this will normally reset most of the electronic glitches or any other issues with software that may be present. ...
- Ensure proper wire connection. ...
- Replace the pressure switch.
Washtub with numbers: Because the temperature is shown in degrees Celsius, the number 30 indicates a cold-water wash, 40 indicates a warm-water wash, and 50 indicates a hot-water wash. Washtub with dots: Dots inside the washtub indicate the same thing as a number: the water temperature.What is a powerwash reset? ›
A Powerwash factory reset erases all the information on your Chromebook's hard drive, including your settings, apps, and files. The factory reset won't delete any of your files on Google Drive or an external hard drive. Before performing the reset, back up your files on Google Drive or an external hard drive.How do you put a washing machine in clean mode? ›
Do not add any detergent or other chemical to the washer when following this procedure. Close the washer lid or door. Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle. Touch and hold the START/PAUSE button for 3 seconds to begin the cycle.How do I know if my washing machine drain is clogged? ›
If you notice persistent, pooling water in your washing machine unit following cycles and do not perform any regular drain inspections, there's a good chance your machine's drains have clogged over time due to everyday use.
It's perfectly safe to pour vinegar by itself directly into your washing machine drain to get rid of minor clogs. White vinegar and apple cider vinegar are the best options for unclogging your washing machine drain. Vinegar is often mixed with water, lemon juice, baking soda, salt, or borax to help unclog drains.Do Speed Queen washers have a drain filter? ›
Run a Speed Queen washer sanitize cycle with hot water. Empty the drain pump filter. The Speed Queen washer filter location is behind a panel on the bottom front corner of the machine.Why are my clothes soaking wet out of the washer? ›
Drainage Hose May be Blocked or Kinked
The most likely cause for a washer to return soaking wet clothes is a drain hose problem. Here is how you should resolve and clean: Clean the filters in the water supply hose. Attention: The leaking water may be very hot with a risk of scalding.
Loading Too Many Items
Overloading can lead to an imbalance that reduces the washer's spin speed, leaving clothes too wet after spin cycle completes. If the washer leaves clothes soaked after a large load, remove some items, redistribute others and run another rinse and spin cycle.
If the washer won't drain or spin, either something is stuck in the washing machine drain hose or pump, or the pump is broken. If a washer won't drain or spin, the fix is simple if you're even just a little bit handy with tools.How do I know if my drain pump is clogged? ›
Remove the drain hose by unscrewing the clamps holding it to the pump outlet. Look for blockages inside the hose, says Family Handyman. If you don't see any, the pump may be blocked or faulty. To check it, you have to disconnect the belt connecting it to the drive motor.What does E01 and F03 mean? ›
What Does the F03/E01 Error Code Mean? The error code F03/E01 indicates a problem with the water level. If your washer doesn't get enough water, it will not be able to work correctly. Most of the time, this error code is a result of a faulty sensor, hose, or brand pipe.How do I fix error code E1 F9 on my washing machine? ›
- Try a Reset. Sometimes an error code is caused by a control board glitch, where resetting the washer is all it takes to resolve the error code. ...
- Check your Detergent. ...
- Check the Drain Hose. ...
- Clean the Filter. ...
- Check the Drain Pump. ...
- Check the Wiring.
- syntax errors.
- logic errors.
- runtime errors.
- “401 Unauthorized” First on our list of HTTP error codes is 401. ...
- “404 Not Found” A 404 status code is a common HTTP error code on the internet. ...
- “500 Internal Server Error” ...
- “502 Bad Gateway” ...
- “301 Moved Permanently” ...
- “302 Found” ...
- “410 Gone”
Hamming code or Hamming Distance Code is the best error correcting code we use in most of the communication network and digital systems.Why does my washer keep saying error? ›
Common appliance codes could be related to a problem with the door, a water heating sensor, a software or circuit board fault, a motor or pump fault plus much more. Simple things that could have an error code could be the door being left ajar on the machine or the detergent drawer not in situ properly.How do I get rid of error code on dishwasher? ›
Sometimes disconnecting power to the dishwasher for 30 seconds will clear the fault, error or function code.How can I solve my washing machine problem? ›
There are many problems that may cause a washing machine to not start. So, start with checking the main power switch for loose connections, power socket not working, if the fuse is okay etc. If this doesn't help, check the door lock is working fine if you have a front load washing machine.Can you reset a dishwasher control board? ›
Dishwashers usually don't have a dedicated reset button on the control panel. You can reset your dishwasher by unplugging it from its power source for one minute and then plugging it back in.How do I know if my dishwasher inlet valve is clogged? ›
Signs pointing to a faulty inlet valve include: Leaks that fill the dishwasher when it's off. Inadequate water for a cycle. The dishwasher fills too slowly or not all.How do I clear E4 error on dishwasher? ›
- Make sure that the drain hose is correctly connected.
- Make sure that the filters in the appliance are clean.
- Make sure that the kitchen sink drains correctly.
- Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
- Remove the computer cover.
- Find the battery on the board. ...
- Remove the battery: ...
- Wait 1–5 minutes, then reconnect the battery.
- Put the computer cover back on.
If you have a newer and fairly high-end motherboard, they often have a dedicated “Clear CMOS” button on either the rear I/O near the USB ports or on the motherboard itself, usually along the edges of the board. To use it, power the system on and then press the reset button.